Saturday 16 January 2010

New fabrics and threads





Some nice packages arrived this week: some fabric and books from Japan, and a couple of sets of embroidery thread from Sublime Stitching. I can't wait to try my new metallic and glow in the dark threads. I'm not doing a lot of embroidery or close up work though, until I get my new glasses. Thankfully the tests I had yesterday revealed no retina problems, although the pressure is on the high side. I have to repeat the tests in six months and go back immediately in the meantime if the flickering comes back.

This weekend I'll be making a few more string blocks for a swap, and generally taking it easy as the temperatures forecast are in the high 30s/low 40s C range. A good time to drink iced coffee.

3 comments:

MafiosaGrrl said...

Ohhh, tons of fun stuff! That fabric is darling. You'll like your new threads, especially the glow in the dark ones- so fun! As for the metallics, I am still 50/50 with those ones and the DMC. Both are nice, but you can't separate the Sublime St. one's, which I like to do sometimes. But I was just using the SS ones' yesterday and I love how bright they look. I'll share pics this weekend.

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Oooh I love those fabrics! And I your blog! Huge fan of colorful things here... Can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies :)

-kira from oopsicraftmypants.com

Sam said...

I like the colours of the SS ones, too. I can't wait to see what you've done with yours, MarfiosaGrrl!

Thank you Kira, I am reading your blog now and absolutely loving it! You are amazingly talented!

Related Posts with Thumbnails