Sunday 31 January 2010

Day Zero

So, Thing-A-Day starts tomorrow, and I think I have pretty much everything ready.  I am going to cheat a bit and start on tomorrow's project tonight. It's a thankyou gift to a new blogging friend who very sweetly helped me with a challenge yesterday. I also found time today to write to a pen-pal and make a quilted postcard as well as getting a load of chores done so that I don't have to spend as much time on housework over the next week. My evenings will be completely taken up by making stuff and I won't have time to clean or vacuum.

I should give a garden update. Today I pulled out the beans which were almost dead and the lettuce which had gone to seed. I still have some tomatoes doing well, four different varieties, and the basil and very stunted silverbeet. Plus two sunflowers, one of which is flowering gloriously. I also have a gardening helper who is going to get me a trailer load of manure and mulch to help the fruit trees along. The soil in Perth is so poor and turns to sand, so we have to keep on enriching it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Super closeup shot of sunflower.

Related Posts with Thumbnails