Thursday 24 September 2009

A long time between posts......


...but I'm back to blog about *embroidery* - my latest passion.

The pic above is of a little project I completed the other day and submitted to the Sublime Stitching flickr pool. I was googling today for "free hand-embroidery patterns" (I am such a cheapskate) and was thrilled to see a link to the Sublime Stitching blog where Jenny Hart had added my picture with a nice comment. Really made my day!

Right now I've got a couple of small projects on the go. I'm participating in a round robin with four other women in which we are to send an embroidery item around the world. Each person will embroider something on their item, then send it on to the next person until it completes its journey and we all end up with a nice keepsake. I have chosen to do an apron, because I found a couple in Coles for $3 (cheapskate again) and I'd rather have an apron than a tea towel. I'm starting tonight so that it will be ready to send on the 1st October.

I doodled a little picture and transferred it via the laser printer method onto my apron, and have picked out a few bits of floss with which to whip it up. I'll keep you posted on my progress - perhaps I'll even have a pic of it finished tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Angie said...

Nice to have you back in blogsville.

RR said...

I agree with Angie, Sam--it's nice to these news posts from you! And your embroidery is soooo sweet!

In the spirit of sharing the embroidery love, I posted an embroidered bit of my own today:
http://adventures-in-finishing.blogspot.com/2009/09/hamsa-for-chris.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails