Sunday 5 October 2008

I'm back......

...after quite a long break from blogging.

I've been feeling a bit down lately. I'm noticing a lot of inhumanity, disrespect and just plain rudeness among people, be they strangers (like the hit and run I witnessed at the bottom of the street last week) or friends/acquaintances (gossip and slander). I'm not sure whether these things are making me depressed or I'm more affected by them because I'm depressed.

Either way I hope it shall pass soon.

I've been trying to cheer myself up by cooking nice meals, listening to music and doing creative things, but I'm in a bit of a funk. I have swaps to make but I'm procrastinating and I just can't be bothered right this minute. Luckily they aren't due for another couple of weeks so I have plenty of time.

It's 3:30pm on Sunday afternoon and I have just put a casserole in the oven since it's still rather chilly.


I've tidied up the house and done a little bit of gardening. That sheep manure I put down last month has done wonders for the weeds!

And I have made a couple of postcards today for a swap, even though I'm not 100% happy with them. I almost dropped out of the swap but then I stayed in because I thought it would stretch me creatively. I guess I'm feeling inadequate because the lady I'm sending them to is an art teacher and very talented and interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails