Saturday 18 October 2008

Garage Sale

I'm glad I got up and did my grocery shopping early today - I was home by 9am in time for the start of a garage sale just up the road. I picked up some super bargains:
Brand new tea infuser - $5
Three brand new canvas bags - $2 each
Breakfast tray - $2
Beautiful red and gold Indian sari - $2
Teddy bear - $1
Glass jug - 50c
Egg separator - 10c
Cheese slicer - 10c
Knife for chopping herbs - 5c
Bright orange melamine jug/stirrer - $1


The egg separator is fantastic and I celebrated by making poached yolks on toast with grilled mushrooms for a nice brunchie snack. Mmmm - even better than usual now I can chuck out those horrid egg whites.

Then I finished doing my tax return. I should be getting a decent refund soonish. I'm kicking myself for taking so long to do it. Normally I do it in July as soon as all the paperwork comes in, but I think I shall blame Swap-bot for my procrastination and distraction this year. :-)

1 comment:

LittleRed said...

Yay garage sales. As we are coming into winter over here there won't be any here for another 6 months or so:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails