Thursday 7 August 2008

Needle Felting

Mum gave me a bag of knitted bits and pieces and balls of different kinds of wool yesterday, and I've been doing a bit of experimenting. I have learned that two very different effects can be achieved depending on which side faces up in the embellisher.
The fuzzy finish towards the top of this pic was made by placing the knitted side face down with the plain fabric on top. The lower part was made with the knitted side facing up, and as you can see this leaves the original knitting stitches very distinct.


This was made with a handful of thread remnants (now I know why I saved them!) felted to a plain red wool fabric.

I like the subtle differences in texture made by the direction in which I moved the fabric: a circular motion produced the swirling effect which I like very much.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails